Resources: Finding Names
We of course invite you to name and honor someone you know who has died. If you do not have a personal connection, this list of public sources may be used with discretion.
These are just a few examples of online memorial projects. You may know others.
Please take some time to read through and acquaint yourself with essential people who have died in the pandemic. Choose one or more people to name as the focus of your memorial.
- The City—online newspaper in NYC: “Missing Them” Memorial: https://projects.thecity.nyc/covid-19-deaths/?utm_campaign=mailchimp&utm_source=daily&utm_medium=newsletter#
- Make the Road New YorkOnline Memorial: https://memorial.maketheroadny.org/
- The New York Times: “Those We’ve Lost” Covid-19 Obituaries: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/obituaries/people-died-coronavirus-obituaries.html?searchResultPosition=1
- Medium.com: https://medium.com/@roccodeserto/my-mother-was-an-angel-and-covid-stole-her-from-me-adab25189c04
- Denver Mourning America: https://mourningamerica.org
- #morethananumber: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYPD Covid-19 Memorial: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/about/memorials/covid-19-memorial.page
- Forever Missed: https://www.forevermissed.com/coronavirus-victims-memorials/
- Chicago memorial—sponsored by chicago.gov: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/memorial-wall.html
- Facebook group—Covid-19 Loss Support for Family and Friends: https://www.facebook.com/groups/691112725033515/